about Mr. Finley
Chandler Finley heads a team focused on handling immigration matters for individuals and corporations entering the U.S. business environment from South America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia. Chandler served as legal counsel for 15 years to the county administrative entity managing federal and state funding for Palm Beach County’s regional workforce board, known as the Workforce Alliance, Palm Beach County Workforce Development Board, and earlier as the Palm Beach County Private Industry Council, and served as legal counsel to the International Studies Charter High School in Miami. For more than 28 years, Chandler has handled commercial and residential real estate transactions, representing buyers, sellers and developers.
Chandler has been a lecturer in Immigration at Palm Beach County Bar Association seminars and for the Italy America Chamber of Commerce, in Entertainment Law at a Florida Bar Association seminar, and guest speaker on International Law and Federal Administrative Law at Palm Beach Community College. He has authored several articles on Entertainment Law for the Florida Motion Picture Television Association, Palm Beach Chapter. In 1998, Chandler was Legal Counsel to the Regional Workforce Board for Palm Beach County, at which time the Florida State Ethics Commission adopted his Legal Memorandum in a published decision on "Actual Conflict of Interest Standards for Board Members Contracting with the Federally Mandated /Florida Regional Workforce Board."
Chandler was an aide to President Jimmy Carter in 1985 and assisted with international law conferences sponsored by President Carter after his presidency at the Carter Center of Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1986, he served a clerkship at the Postal Rate Commission in Washington, D.C., under Commissioner Bonnie Guiton, where he submitted a White Paper on "Comparison of USPS Express Mail to FedEx, DHL, Airborne, & UPS." Chandler is a member of Chi Phi (XФ) Fraternity, Gamma Chapter in Atlanta, GA. A U.S. citizen, Chandler holds dual Italian citizenship.
- International and European Law at Detroit College of Law, London Law Program at Regents College in London, England
- European Community Law at the European Law Institute of the Free University in Brussels, Belgium.
- International Business Transactions at the Institute for European Studies in Vienna, Austria, and an international law internship at The United Nations Complex, UN City, Vienna, Austria.
- Practical legal training in 1987 in London, England, U.K., and in Brussels, Belgium, working with two international law firms in Europe that concentrate in international and European law and commercial trade arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris, after which he began his international practice in Palm Beach County.
- Berlin, Germany, in 1985 for the International Institute for Comparative Social Research as assistant to Dr. Karl Deutsch, the world-renowned political scientist and director of the world political and government computer models, and associate editor of the Second Edition of The Analysis of International Relations, a textbook by Dr. Karl Deutsch.
Areas of Focus
Chandler provides a broad range of services related to immigration, including EB-5, L and E visas, among others, for investors, businesses, entertainers, institutions, professionals, family and asylum seekers; labor certifications for permanent residence “Green Cards”; international business, assisting foreign entities in establishing U.S. offices and businesses; and corporate and entertainment, representing the music, art and film industries.
Entertainment & the Arts
Chandler has experience with all types of legal agreements in the arts and entertainment industry, including contracts for musicians, singers, bands, record labels and recording artists, actors, dancers, production, art, theater, galleries, TV, film, and dance. He has been a member of the Palm Beach County Council of the Arts and the SunFest Music & Arts Festival, Florida’s largest music, art and waterfront festival. An accomplished musician in his own right, Chandler has served as legal counsel for the Florida Motion Picture Television Association, Palm Beach County Chapter of the Florida Motion Picture Television Association, Guild for International Piano Competitions and Baroque Strings Orchestra, and has served as Palm Beach board member of the Florida Philharmonic Board of Directors.
The founder of Finley Music and Entertainment, Chandler represents artists, musicians, actors and the film industry. He served for five years on the board of directors of the Italy America Chamber of Commerce, in Miami, and played the violin as the concertmaster (First violin) of the Alhambra Orchestra in Miami, and with the Alhambra String Quartet. Chandler currently serves as a member of the board of directors of the Italian Film Festival, which promotes Cinema Italy Miami’s distribution and sharing of films throughout the United States and internationally.
Chandler founded the International Polo & Equestrian Sports Agency (IPESA) representing more than 100 of the world’s leading polo and Olympic equestrian sports athletes, and is a member of the U.S. Polo fAssociation and has been a member of the Palm Beach County Sports Commission.
Chandler handles commercial and residential real estate transactions, representing buyers, sellers and developers, throughout Florida and the United States. Since 2005, he has been a Member & Title Agent of Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund (The Fund) – now nationally Old Republic Title Insurance Company. From 1991–1994 he was Title Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company and for American Title Insurance Company and an associated closing attorney for Citibank, Great Southern Bank, Fidelity Federal, Citibank Mortgage and Mortgage Refinance Division, Associates National Bank’s National Relocation Mortgages Department, Relocations, handling all title matters and real estate legal matters, averaging five closings per week. Chandler comes from a family background of real estate developers in Florida and nationwide and of residential and commercial real estate brokers.
Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an International Lawyer, Chandler specializes in advising clients in international business transactions, international agreements for agency representation and distribution for imports and exports, international corporate transactions, trade and international customs matters.
• Commercial Contracts & Agreements
• Corporate Governance & Compliance
• Real Estate
• Art Law
• United Kingdom
• Latin America
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Southern District of Florida
Memberships & Affiliations
• Florida Bar Association
• Member & Title Agent, Old Republic Title Insurance Company, 2005−present
• International Law Section of the Florida Bar Association
• Sports & Entertainment Law Section of the Florida Bar Association
• Craig S. Barnard Chapter, American Inn of Court LIV, 2020−2021
• International Bar Association
• American Immigration Lawyers Association
• Italy-America Chamber of Commerce
• United States Polo Association
Awards & Distinctions
• Awarded Board Certification as a Specialist in International Law by the Florida Bar, 2005−present
• Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1988
• Emory University, B.A., 1985
• Detroit College of Law, London Law Program on International and European Law, London, England, 1987
• Free University Brussels, European Law Institute on European Community Law, Brussels, Belgium, 1987
• Institute for European Studies, International Business Transactions, Vienna, Austria, 1983
• Wilson Elser - Align - Master - Legal Project Manager
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services says the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision has no basis in law and merely delays the President’s lawful ability to end the illegal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals amnesty program, as officially announced on its website.
• Boomer Times & Senior Life - January 2019
As Canada draws ever closer to October 17, 2018 – the date on which the Cannabis Act comes into force and recreational or other adult-use cannabis is set to be unveiled across Canada – complex regulatory issues continue to cloud the celebrations, including individuals working or investing in the Canadian cannabis sector being turned back at the U.S. border – or worse.
Looking for an Attorney to represent you in matters of real estate, immigration and international law?
Contact Finley & Bologna